The St. Thomas Disc Sports Club
October 16, 2017, 06:05:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Night Ladies' League  (Read 3761 times)
Cathy Vaillancourt
Club Members

« on: April 15, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »

Hi Everyone,

It's that time of year again!  Ladies' League will start up again this coming Friday, April 17, 2009.  We will meet up in the parking lot between 5 & 5:30. 

Last year we had a very successful league and I would like to thank everyone that came out to play or just walk around with us to show their support. We brought out some new players and we raised a bit of money to help out our community.  Our total after payouts was $244. 023  This money was used in part ($175.) to help send one of our Juniors (Shawn Lampman) to the 2008 Amateur World DiscGolf Championships.  038  the balance which was topped up to $100. and was spent on a few toys and groceries that were donated to the 2008 Christmas Care Campaign. 023

Also last year we had a number of CTP sponsors, you guys have no idea how much your donations mean to us.  It was really great to be able to offer a CTP gift bag each night.  I believe everyone won a CTP over the course of the league.  Ya , so that is very special.  Thank you's go to "Disfunctional DiscGolf", "Smack Daddy DiscGolf", "The Heavy Tour", "Cosmo" and "The OD Tour".  You guys ROC...Thank you so much for your support. icon_pray   I would also like to thank Dennis Hartford, Dennis is our hero, as he saves our discs from a terrible drowning death, he braves the cold river to rescue our discs and never asks the ladies for a finders fees.  You are a true gentleman Dennis and we love you! 007

This year we will be using the same handicap system that we developed last year.  We will use a true handicap system, tally up what you shot for each round and divide by the number of rounds played.  Easy, peasy and it works!  As we did last year if for whatever reason a player does not complete the round (ie: work, kids, life) we tally up the strokes for the holes played and divide by the number of holes played to get an average per hole and this is what is scored for the missed holes.  Don't laugh!  It does work! 038

Cost to play will be $5.  The first 2 weeks will be used to establish your handicap.  This money does not go towards the payout, it is put into the "Social Fund".  After handicaps are established, players are entitled to payouts.  Of the $5. fee, $4 goes to the payout and $1. goes to the Social fund.  I have no idea at this time where this money will be used, we will have to wait and see how much we raise and then see where it would do the most good.

We have a very limited number of CTP's this year, so I think that we should reserve those for "Special CTP Nights"  So keep watching this spot for announcements about those nights.

It is looking like a high of 18 and Sunny on Friday, so I hope to see a bunch of you out.   001

Take care and may the course be with you! 039

PS...Keep in mind league will run every Friday EXCEPT on long weekends!

Living the dream... icon_pidu
Cathy Vaillancourt
Club Members

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »

No more sleeps... 038

I hope to see a bunch of you guys out there today!  Until then ...Have a wild one! 023

Cathy Vaillancourt
Club Members

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:52:28 AM »

Hi Everyone...

Well we are underway and off to a great start 023  We had a total of 7 ladies out for league this past Friday, 5 of which played & 2 that came out for the walk and comradery.  I have been contacted by no less than 6 other women since Friday who all would like to join us this coming Friday.  So we should have quite a turn-out if all goes to plan 038

So, in light of this and just to get things even more exciting I think it's time to have a "CTP Night".  Yep, you read it right! 081  This coming Friday we will have a CTP gift bag up for grabs.  All gift bags consist of at least one disc plus numerous other great goodies,  well worth coming out for. 002

Our social fund is at $25, not bad for 1 week.  As a group we will need to discuss where we think the money we raise will do the most good.  So, if you have any ideas or know of a worthy cause, please let us know!

Thanks to everyone who came out, look forward to seeing you all again Friday.  Until then... have a great week and may the course be with you! 039

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: